A killer kick-off to the inaugural #SUCANSUMMIT
The Evergreen Brick Works was buzzing yesterday with curiosity, insights, and energy for the launch of the SingularityU Canada Summit.
A celebration of innovation and impact, the Summit underlined Canada's opportunity to take on and solve some of the world's biggest challenges.
SingularityU Canada Summit - Day 1 Recap
Highlights from Day 1 of the SingularityU Canada Summit - Peter Diamandis, Zayna Khayat, Oren Bercovich, Cloud DX, Tree, Finger Food, hitchBOT, and so much m...
Here are a few other highlights:
"Want to become a billionaire? Impact a billion people."
Announcement of the 2017 XPRIZE
Tackling the Big Questions Around Ethics and Innovation
- Can we be free without Privacy? And who owns identity? The Identity and Privacy Debate illuminated the ethical grey areas that emerge with accelerating technology and personal data collection.
- "There comes a point when it’s no longer just engineering or computer science – the thing you’re building stops being a pile of hardware and starts to become a being.” Suzanne Gildert on her personal interest in AI.
The Impacts are Multiplying while Costs are Plummeting
- "Trust can be achieved at massive scale on a completely flat network,"Andreas M. Antonopoulos explains about the disruptive and transformative potential of blockchain and bitcoin
- By 2022-2025 the entire global population will be connected to the internet predicts Peter H. Diamandis
- Raymond McCauley estimates that by 2022, it will cost more to flush your toilet than sequence your human genome.
And a HUGE shout-out from one of Deloitte's NPO guests, Lana Majid, Senior Public Health Advisor at Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Stay tuned for what DAY 2 has in store as we tackle the big questions surrounding Energy and Prosperity and get up and close with David Roberts, one of the world’s top experts on disruptive innovation and exponentially advancing technology.